The Blog Formerly Known as "Campus Culture"

4.11.2005

Technical Glitch

My personality is not compatible with technological standards. I'm Windows 3.1 and technology is an IPod. I'm Atari....I'm not ready to start acting like an XBox360. Those might be hugely confusing metaphors, but bear with me. It's not that I don't like technology, I'm all for the cool things it can do for me- the ease of stalking people through AIM, TV listings online, readily available info for school projects, etc. What I don't like that now that technology is so quick and easy, I'm supposed to be...well... not quick or easy, I hope. Hmm...


What I'm talking about it how when someone e-mails you, you're supposed to respond in way less than a day, preferably a few hours. You're supposed to know everything about a company before you interview with them by researching them online. You can look up most phone numbers and addresses so you have no reason not to make a call. Technology and procrastination DO NOT MIX. As a card carrying member of PAC (the Procrastinators of America Club), this upsets me. "It must have gotten lost in the mail," "My answering machine is acting funny...I never got your message," "The library flooded so I couldn't do my paper," or "I was late because I didn't know it was gonna rain," no longer fly as excuses. Any time I find myself in a scenario implied by the above excuses, I have no choice but to reveal myself as the Ultimate Flake. It sucks.


So as far as blogging goes, I may not be the best blogger because I'm pretty sure you are supposed to post more often than I do. But my heart is in it. I just can't post more often because of my PAC meetings. Stay tuned for more campus culture related posts this week; I promise I'm working on some. In fact...they're in the mail.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home